Video: Notes & Clefs, Ledger Lines (Level 5, Unit 1, page 4-5)
Video: Remember Note Names with the B-D Eyed Monster:
- Note Naming Warm Up
- Note Naming Warm Up with Rhythms
- Note Naming Warm Up with Rhythms INCLUDING NOTE NAME
- Remember note names using Words & Sayings
Video: Half Steps & Whole Steps (Level 5, Unit 1, page 7)
Video: Accidentals (Level 5, Unit 1, page 7)
Video: Chromatic & Diatonic Half Steps (Level 5, Unit 1, page 7)
Video: Enharmonic Equivalents (Level 5, Unit 1, page 8)
WORK for Unit 1:
Complete the following exercises from Celebrate Theory, Level 5:
You may use a piano, printed keyboard, hand drawn keyboard or phone/tablet app to help you answer the questions.
- Pitch & Notation #1-5 on pages 5-6.
- Half Steps, Whole Steps & Accidentals #1-9 on pages 8-10.
- Transposition #1-7 on pages 12-14.
- Exploring the Repertoire #1-10 on page 15.
If most of your answers were correct it’s time for the unit test:
Unit 1 Online Test
Need more lessons & practice for this unit?
Click the links below:
- Information About Notes
- Enharmonic Equivalents
- Tones (whole steps) & Semitones (half steps)
Video: Tones (whole steps) & Semitones (half steps)
Online Flashcard Practice:
Print & Self-Check:
Print the exercise sheet & complete it.
Click on the answer key to mark it by comparing the answer key to your answers.
- Tone (whole steps) & Semitones (half steps) Worksheet 1
- Tones (whole steps) & Semitones (half steps) Worksheet 1 ANSWERS
*always check to see if there is a KEY SIGNATURE at the beginning of your staff when naming notes & tones/semitones across a whole line. The key signature will make some notes sharp or flat! On a written test you can draw these sharps or flats on right away on the question so you don’t forget.